Tuesday, October 22, 2013

TRENDY TUESDAY #2 + This Crazy New Book

Trendy Tuesday is here again! I had to skip last week because my friend B came to town and I had to run/drink beer with her and do some catching up. (#sorrynotsorry)

So these outfits span from the last two weeks:

I LOVE this dress from Target. It's super comfortable and always looks put together.
Shoes are Report (I'm pretty sure I got them from Ross a few years ago - oldies but goodies!)

(Bare with me - the selfie Trendy Tuesday pose is kind of awkward still.)
Tank top is Lauren Conrad (from Kohl's).
Cardigan is from Old Navy.
Cordoroy skirt from Anne Taylor Loft.
Shoes are same as above picture.

Ah casual Friday!
Chambray blouse from Old Navy.
Floral printed skinnies from Old Navy, too.
Shoes are Vans.

Monday Funday!
Blouse from Old Navy.
Skinny black dress pants from Old Navy (I can't help that I love the brand, okay?)
Remember this bracelet is from the boyfriend?
Shoes - so old that the inside label has been worn out. Yeah, they're great.

Today's outfit.
White blouse from Old Navy.
Blue/Gray dress Capri's from Gap.
Sandals from American Eagle.
 Today on my way home from the office, I got a wild hair and decided to stop by the local Barnes and Noble (which is bigger than the library in North Carolina - I guess everything is bigger in Texas...). And I picked up this little $26 gem. My mom's doctor recommended it to her a few months ago and she hasn't stopped talking about it since. This woman, Haylie Pomroy, is a celebrity nutritionist who just recently published her diet plan and the theory behind it in a quick reading 200-and-something page book. And tonight alone, I read about 120 pages of it... yeah it's pretty good.

Basically, she has a background in animal science (an ex-Aggie) and has been working in human health and nutrition for years. And she's done major amounts of research on the metabolism and has a really radical view on how to achieve quick and sustainable weight loss by confusing your body with this really specific 28 day diet plan.

Now, you guys know that I am the queen of "wingin' it" and to be honest, the rigid rules make me kind of nervous. But I've spent almost $30 on it so I'm going to give it a shot after a few days of some solid planning and mapping.


What freaks me out most is the list of things I CAN'T have for 28 days. (The bold ones are the items I'm really bugging out about.)
  • No wheat
  • No corn
  • No dairy (not bold, but I do have a slight yogurt addiction)
  • No soy
  • No refined sugar (I'm pretty sure this means no chocolate candy)
  • No caffeine (but what about my boyfriend, Mr. Coffee?)
  • No alcohol (damnit!)
  • No dried fruit or fruit juices
  • No artificial sweeteners
  • No fat-free "diet foods"
So stay tuned and I'll let you know how things go, once I come to terms with this list above. Thanks for reading, ya'll. Happy Tuesday!

Annnnd guess what tomorrow is?!???




No comments:

Post a Comment