Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Trendy Tuesday - Mustaches, Turkey, My New Gym & Football

Cheese and rice - it's been a long month! So much went on these past 30 days, I can't even begin to think of where to start.

Well I guess since today is Trendy Tuesday, we should start here:


Nothing new - just one of my go-to's for a quiet day at the office!
Mustard Lenore Scarf and Cream Piko Top - Kiki La'Rue
Skinnies - Old Navy
Cowboy Boots - MIA


And an outfit for a not-so-quiet day of visiting with a big client.
Suit pants and blazer - New York and Co.
Cream lace blouse - Forever 21
Shoes - Old but amazing


Speaking of good ol' Forever 21, here's my dress for the Office Christmas formal this weekend. I'm pretty excited about the whole spray tan, up-do, limo thing. Turns out everything is bigger in Texas, ya'll.

Let's see.... what else happened last month?

Oh yeah! Movember.


My company sponsored a Movember campaign for prostate health last month. If you don't know what Movember is, people basically sponsor their co-workers to not shave their mustaches for the whole month. And I definitely joined in. Let's face it: I'm basically down for any excuse to wear a stick-on mustache at work every week. And we ended up raising almost $1000 bucks. Bam!


I've also been doing a lot of this. How did long distance relationships exist before FaceTime and Skype? It's been a long two and a half months since I last laid eyes on this hunk and being away from him has not been easy. But thankfully, the end is in sight. I'm heading back to North Carolina next weekend to watch him graduate from college. And the week after that, I'll be back for Christmas! Woo. Hoo.


Annnnnd I've also been doing a bit of this. I'm not proud of how out of shape I've become from taking two months off. But I joined a gym in Houston and have been hitting it up as much as possible after work. I'm starting slow but feeling great. And my recent effort in "clean eating" has also helped out.

Speaking of clean eating - I'm still working on the Fast Metabolism diet (or whatever the hell it's called). And I got my roommate to join me. You know what they say, misery loves company! Ha. It's nice having someone committed to the same goals as you are. It really helps us hold each other accountable. 

But I still miss wine. And I will always miss coffee. In fact, I had such a hard time giving up coffee that I've decided to trick myself by drinking decaf coffee instead. It's kind of (read: not really) working. I just love the flavor of that shit - so decaf is my savior right now since I can't have the real deal.

Since we've embarked on this journey together, all of my texts and Snapchats with her have a reoccurring theme:




We did, however, take last weekend off. Because it was Thanksgiving. And we're American.



 And we took Sunday off because we got free tickets to the Texans game and there's nothing better than watch live football with a hot dog and a cold beer... am I right?.


But I'm back on track this week and kicking my metabolisms in the booty! Tomorrow starts phase II - which basically means I get to eat vegetables and protein all. day. long. And we cannnn't stoppppp. No?

Happy Tuesday! Let's chat about the Biggest Loser soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment