Thursday, December 27, 2012

Why I want this.

Christmas is over. New Year's is right around the corner. The Biggest Loser season premier starts January 6th. We all know what time of year we're approaching right now - Resolution Season.

A lot of people this year, like every year before, will resolve to lose weight. They'll purchase new workout clothes, renew their gym memberships, and crowd fitness facilities all around the country and/or world. How long will it last? It depends on the person. Thankfully for people like me who go to a very small gym, 80-90% of these resolution makers will drop off of the fitness truck by the middle of February - leaving behind the same low key, quiet, and open gym that existed in December. But how can I make sure that I'm not one of those people who drop out so soon? How can I be one of the those in that 10% that really change their lifestyles for good instead of faking it for a month? I think motivation has a lot to do with it.

And for me, it's about remembering WHY I want to be healthy.

I want to be healthy
  • because I want to be able to wear tight fitting shirts without feeling self concious. 
  • because I want to have energy and be in a good mood regularly.
  • because I want to look sexy for my boyfriend.
  • because I want the people who saw me when I was overweight to notice how good I look.
  • because I want to not only be able to lose this weight, but maintain a healthy weight for the rest of my life.
  • because I want to have my picture taken in a bikini on the beach and NOT hide it from my friends.
  • because I want to fit into that pair of Express jeans that used to make my butt look so good.
  • because I want to be able to wear shorts in the summertime without my thighs giving me a perpetual wedgie.
  • because I want other people in the same situation to have inspiration that a normal girl with ordinary tools can achieve her goals.
  • because I want to wear those hipster mid-drift tops and rock those skin tight dresses that are popular right now.
  • because I want to extend my life.
  • because I want to be in EXCELLENT shape and do fun adventurous stuff without thinking that I'm not fit enough.
And I'm going to do this. 

Why do YOU want to be healthy?


No comments:

Post a Comment