Friday, April 19, 2013

Neglect and the 10k/5k weekend ahead.

Ya'll I have been neglecting you and this blog. {And see Sam run isn't exactly an innocent party, either.}

But I promise it's not what you think - I haven't been cheating on you with other blogs. I haven't been ignoring your phone calls. I haven't been trying to think of a way to break up with you. I've just been freaking busy.

And when I say busy, I mean busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger.

Busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.
Busier than a Jehovah's witness at a door store.
Busier than a whorehouse on nickel night.
Busier than Richard Simmons on a fat farm.
Busier than a gopher on a golf course.


Too much? Okay, one more.

Busier than a cat trying to bury a turd on a frozen pond.

Basically, I got randomly sent to some work-related training that devoured two weeks of my life. I ran some, ate decently healthy, and got my ass handed to me on work related assignments and evaluations. But guess what bitches? I'm done! And I'm back at ya. So we can all take a deep sigh of relief.

Tomorrow is the day. see Sam run and I are running a 10k. Dear Lord. What were we thinking when we signed up for that ish? As the time draws closer, I'm starting to panic. What if I don't do as well as I want to? What if I can't run the whole thing? What if I have to poop on the route? (These are serious things to consider people!)

But whatever - balls to the wall and we're doing this crap. And Sunday, we're topping it off with a little 5k action. 

We're coming for ya, 10k + 5k in one weekend. We will bend you over, make you our bitch, and take a t-shirt to commemorate our victory.

But for real, wish us luck! We might need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment