Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday, 24, Ohio, and other shit I want to blab about.

This is officially my last week of being 24 years old. And I think it sucks. I'm not really dreading 25 as much as I thought I was going to but I am going to miss 24. It was a great year for me. 

I started my first big girl job.

I bought my first legit car.

I traveled. A lot.

I went to Devil's Tower, swam in the hot springs in Thermopolis, went skiing for the first time. 

I celebrated four years with my love, ran a 10k, lost almost 20 pounds.

I got stuck on a snowy mountain and lived to tell about it.

I finally developed the nerve to wear colored skinny jeans.

Yep, 24 was good to me.

But as of this Saturday, 24 will be a distant memory. I'll move on to 25. A QUARTER OF A CENTURY, people. But don't you worry - I have plans.

I'm going to keep running. 

I'm going to run a half marathon (although the thought still makes me nauseous as I sit here typing this). 

I'm going to watch my sister becomes someone's wife.

I'm going to keep moving onward and upward in my career.

I'm going to laugh a lot. Mostly at myself

I'm going to eat well.

I'm going to bring back the expression YOLO because, well, I don't think it got enough attention.

I'm going to make sarcastic comments a lot (see YOLO comment above).

I'm going to make sure that 25 is as much of a BLAST as 24 was.

But now, my 24 year old self is sitting at an airport waiting to board a plane to Ohio. **Disclaimer: if you or someone you know lives in Ohio and/or you love the state of Ohio - don't take this personally. You actually might want to skip this part, it may piss you off.

I HATE the state of Ohio. I've worked out here several times and every time I get sent, my skin kind of crawls. Please know that my impressions of Ohio are limited. I have been to Canton/Akron and the Amish country to the east. Maybe if I were to visit some cooler areas of the state, I would change my mind. (I'm open to suggestions, ya'll!)

What's wrong with Ohio?
It's gray.
It's usually rainy and therefore muddy.
The gym sucks in the small town I work in.
The people are just... not my type.

I guess that's really it. Maybe I'm being overdramatic here but I'm bummed that I had to leave my boyfriend and sleeping dog and perfect weekend full of running to hop over to that dreary place and crank out a week of work. 

Did I mention I'm going to spend my 25th birthday in Ohio, too? Oh yes. It's almost poetic in that sense. At least I know that from this day forward, the only way I can go for the rest of the year is UP.

And now for a random thought: you know those moving sidewalk things at the airport? Have you ever jumped on one only to figure out halfway through that it's broken and not moving but you've already committed? Yeah, that JUST happened to me.

Happy Tuesday, ya'll. I've got to get back to people watching at the airport.


No comments:

Post a Comment