Saturday, April 20, 2013

see Sam run Saturdays: The 10k Champs

Oh, blog. It's so nice to bath in your milky glow once again...

So today was THE day HealthyLittleMe and I have been pumped (maybe some days more than others) to tackle. Today was the Oak Island 10k race.

It was rainy.

It was cold.

My hip flexor has been cray.

And Aunt Flow is in town (I'm keepin' it real).

But we KILLED it!

If you run often, you can probably knock out 6ish miles on a good day without too much effort. It takes a special kind of bad-assness to run 6ish on a crappy day. That's exactly what we did.

We felt proud.

We felt accomplished.

We felt like we could dropkick a dragon.

We felt... a little stiff after the car ride back home.

Then we looked at our results... and being the competitive Taurus' that we are, we felt a little angry. My pace was slower than average for me, HealthyLittleMe cramped up and had to walk for a tiny bit, and the rain, people, coupled with the fact that race day always gets in your head, we probably could have done better. However, we did finish the race.

WE RAN OUR FIRST 10K. And you know what, that's all that matters. We had a goal. We smashed it. And we're going to smash that 5k tomorrow!

Fresh off the finish line!


Happy Saturday! Go dropkick a dragon!

-see Sam run


2 comments:

  1. Great job you two! Congrats on the finish. Now for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, thank you!! I'm not sure what the hell is going on with my hip flexor, but I'm not going to let it take me out of the game. Rest for a bit, keep stretching, and then I'm back at it. Thanks for all your support, buddy. It means a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete