Saturday, April 27, 2013

It's my birthday and I'll post if I want to!

Okay so I know today is Saturday and this blog belongs to see Sam run... 

But it's my birthday and I'll post if I want to!

This morning at 7:44 AM (yes I know it right to the minute), I, Healthy Little Me, jumped into my 25th year of life. And to be honest, I don't feel any different than I did yesterday.

Except for the fact that I was inundated by birthday love today via texts, phone calls, and Facebook posts. And man, that felt great!

I am actually working out in the middle of nowhere today on my birthday so it's been kind of difficult to even acknowledge the fact that today is remotely special.

But it is.

In 25 years, I've done some cool shit. And this year is going to be even cooler.

Eventually, birthdays stop being exciting and start reminding you how old you are.

But old age doesn't mean you have to be less-awesome. It's quite the opposite.

This year I am going to run a half-marathon. No more I might or I want to. That's it. I'm committing to it and I'm DOING it.

I'm also going to continue to maintain a healthy lifestyle by eating foods that nourish my body and staying away (95% of the time) from junk that does nothing good for me.

I'm going to stay as active as possible.

I'm going to work on myself in order to make me a better friend, relative, co-worker, and human being.

Thanks for reading along! This blog is still new to me (established December 2012) and I'm really enjoying the chance to reach out to others who are also aspiring to be awesome people and getting feedback from all of you.

Happy Saturday ya'll! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday - with your goals, it is bound to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete