Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Let me give you the run-down: a re-cap of the week.

Ya'll, I would be writing a novel if I was going to give you a play by play of everything that's happened in the past week. I will say, this absence has not been in vain - my world got crazy for a hot minute. So let's just do a quick little re-cap, shall we?

Went to Cheyenne. Check.
  • Got my oil changed at the Honda dealership
  • Apparently Wednesday is "Ladies Day" so I got my oil changed for CHEAP 
  • But also not so awesome because I had to wait for an hour and a half

    This was my view the WHOLE time.


Pretty amazing, huh? Yeah not so much. Moving on.

The next day:
  • My favorite co-worker, B, had some time off with no plans just like me
  • We decided to head out for an adventurous day hiking Laramie Peak 
  • We did some research the night before the trip and found a lot of information about how to get to the trailhead

    We were stoked. This was going to be my first legit hiking trip - five miles up and five miles back and the views from the 10,000+ foot tall summit were going to be epic
     
  • So we headed out with our packed lunches and jugs of water
  • Except we got stuck in a snow pile 4 miles from the trailhead
  • Annnnd we had to dig ourselves out with an extendable ice scraper while laying on a yoga mat
  • And we never made it to the peak, which according to the lady at my hair salon the next day, would have been a TERRIBLE idea
  • Did I mention that we ignored the part about "only going in the summertime" on the website?
  • Yeah, the rules don't apply to us 
  • Except they do
  • We got off that mountain and had our share of cinnamon whiskey that night
  • Thank. God. For. That.

SNOW. EVERYWHERE. UGH.
Wild horses.
And the next day, still hungover from the post-victory whiskey, I got a RANDOM week off. So I said screw it and booked a flight to head back to NC.

And NC has been just as wonderful. Let's re-cap that, too!
  • boyfriend picked me up from the airport
  • we went out to eat sushi
  • he bought me an ADORABLE bracelet at this little boutique on the riverwalk



  • snuggled with my dog
  • me and the boyfriend took her for a 4.5 mile walk yesterday
  • she. was. exhausted.
  • ran twice (so far)
  • ran in an M shape on the last run (which I didn't mean to do at all, but it's pretty cool because my first initial is M...)


  • I plan to hang out with my best friends E and see Sam run later this week and the boyfriend's birthday is on Saturday so... this week will continually be WONDERFULLY hectic

I found this picture of myself in a photo box this morning. I guess I've always been kind of crazy. I'll get my shit together for the next post though, promise! Thank God see Sam run is posting relevant shit or this whole blog would be losing its mind.

Happy Hump Day, ya'll.


7 comments:

  1. Your dog is cute! What kind is she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a mutt! But we think she has pitbull and boxer in her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought so! I have a white pit mix that looks similar, so I thought yours might be one, too, but didn't want to assume.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a crazy FUN vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea - aren't they the best dogs ever?

    Tara - it was CRAZY for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That outfit is BANGIN'!!! I forgot that "they" made blazers that tiny...

    ReplyDelete