Friday, March 29, 2013

see Sam run Saturdays: Boob Talk


I’m talking about boobs today.  

Breasts, boobies, titties, jugs, hooters, bazooms, melons, breasticles or whatever you may prefer to call those bad boys that sit above your waist and below your chin.

But not all breasts are created equal. 

I find that the way women feel about their boobs is often similar to how we feel about our hair. If we have straight hair, we’d kill for some waves. If we have curly hair, we’d die for stick straight hair. If we have small breasts, we’d love to have larger ones, and if we’re well-endowed we wouldn’t mind smaller ones.

 I want to take the stigma away of complaining about a large chest for a minute. 

I’m a busty chick and yes, sometimes I complain.

Exhibit A:
HealthyLittleMe and I agreeing to disagree.


 Running when your cups runneth over is not fun, especially if you don’t have the right sports bra. I have Nike, Athleta, Victora’s Secret, Champion (and a few more I can’t recall the names of) sports bras in my underwear drawer right now.  I can’t wear a single one of them alone, they’re simply not enough, I always wear a second one or often a really tight and super supportive underwire underneath. 

But hopefully, my double duty efforts will soon be a thing of tomorrow. HealthyLittleMe has decided to help her busty bosom buddy out and pick me up a specifically designed sports bra from Moving Comfort for ladies who pack a little extra in the front (apparently you can get some good deals out in Wyoming) check em out here!

Once upon a time I used my bra size as an excuse NOT to run. I’ve been a 32-34D since I was in the 7th grade, it was rough, it was not pleasant, it was not fun at that age.  I got a lot of attention from boys, never the good kind. I had to order a special size cheerleading uniform top in the 8th grade (it was a vest style top that buttoned all the way up and yes, I looked very much like an adult actress playing a part in that thing.) I recall undressing for gym in the locker room once and one of the younger girls started a rumor that I had implants… at 14. Girls can be cruel.  But I grew to appreciate them in time and we’re friends now. Until I start running and then I talk smack behind their backs. Shh, don’t tell them, I’m afraid of what they’ll do to me when I get older. 

In addition to running (I’ve completed around 17 miles this week – uhh hello, woot woot!) I’ve also been doing lots of push-ups and some chest work with a 5lb kettle bell (lots and lots of lateral presses, high repetition) to help tone things up and build up those muscles so that even if they do hate me later in life they’ll have nowhere to go! 

So, I wanted to get some feedback, ladies. How do you deal with your chest while working out? Are you targeting pectoral muscles? What sports bras work well for you? How does having children complicate this issue? Enquiring minds want to know!

My hope with all this boob talk is to let you know that even us busty babes can run, if you’re using it as an excuse, stop it. Right now.
 Go get measured and fitted (some places like Victoria’s Secret do it for free!) Get a quality sports bra THAT FITS

85% of women are wearing the wrong size bra every day. Are you hooking on the last hook? Do your straps cut into your shoulders? Are you a victim of side-boob? Are you spilling over the top? If you answered yes to any of these, you’re probably wearing the wrong size! Protect the girls, go get fitted and if you’ve lost or gained weight, go get fitted AGAIN! And then get moving!

Have a boobylicious Saturday, readers.

 -see Sam run

No comments:

Post a Comment