Saturday, March 2, 2013

Short and Sweet Saturday

This morning, as I ate my (delicious) oatmeal, I checked my horoscope on my iPhone app. I'm kind of weirdly religious about checking this. Not only do I check mine, but I check my best friend E's, my boyfriend's, sometimes my mom's, and see Sam run's (which is the easiest one to check since we're both Tauruses). And today, I'm sharing mine with you. Because it is simply bad ass and it made me feel good.


Okay, two things are happening here.

1. I IMMEDIATELY want a glass of wine. Annnnd it's not even 4 AM. 

2. I'm loving this whole "Celebrate what you're becoming" thing. I think sometimes I am hard on myself for not always making good decisions and not always being the Healthy Little Me that I want to be. But if I were to time travel to last year and speak to myself, I would find a very different girl: a girl who was unhappy with herself, a girl who knew what she needed to do but couldn't put the plan into action, a girl who didn't think a lot of the things I've done in the past year are possible.

I cannot beat myself up for having a bad day or two. I just can't.

I have lost almost 17 lbs in the last 8 months. 

I have made new friends and continued to strengthen all other relationships in my life.

I have developed a new zest for life. 

I have learned that it is me, and only me, who is control of my happiness.

And I have found a new voice for this healthy-inner-me who has always been there but never got the chance to make an appearance.

I read more. I listen more. I am more open-minded.

Thanks, horoscope, you've really helped me start my day on the positive foot!


Today is Saturday - which means my gym closes super early. And I thought I would take the day off. But I'll be traveling all day Monday and this DietBet thing is almost over and I need to finish as strong as I can. So guess who's going to be doing the Biggest Loser DVD's? This gal!

Annnnd I've been thinking about my March goals. And this month, instead of the goal being directly related to physical activity, I'm going to make it about nutrition.

I've thought about this long and hard. And I can't believe I'm actually making this declaration. I don't want to say this, because I don't want to do it. But this March is going to be about challenging myself and trying to get rid of as much junk as I possibly can in my diet.

So without further ado...

I am giving up chocolate this month. 

Ugh. There, I said it. 

And it starts now. 

And I miss it already.

I also want to make a goal of drinking more water.

So I'm going to try to drink 64 oz of water per day. 

Annnnnd no Diet Coke. 

But I can do black coffee and tea.

Black coffee, tea, wine and water. That's it. And no chocolate. 

This month I'm going to prove that I have will power.

I will tell you if and when I break my rules.

I will confess my sins to you.

But here it goes - March goals start NOW.

_____________________________

And now an exciting announcement to finish Saturday's post...

see Sam run loves guest posting on Healthy Little Me. She loves it so much, that we're going to make her a permanent fixture here. This will be my last Saturday post because starting next weekend - Saturdays will now be known as "see Sam run Saturdays". 

She will come. She will see. She will conquer.

She will talk about random shit.

She will talk about inspirational shit.

And she will probably talk more about Insanity.

It's going to be fun. 

Saturdays will never be the same.

Get excited.

_____________________________

Happy Saturday! 

Don't forget - we are all glasses of wine. 

We just keep getting BETTER and BETTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment