Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday, Guns, and Plans

Have you been feeling kind of "off" this weekend? 

Just not feeling like yourself?

I think I know what the problem is.


WELL I'M BACK! And here to cure all of your "Healthy Little Me" withdrawal symptoms.
The weather here has been CRAPPY ya'll. It snowed pretty much all weekend. I tried to brave it on Friday to go to town and get to the gym - but after sliding into a snowdrift and successfully getting myself out of it, I called my bluff and headed my happy ass back to where I came from. And ever since, I've been to afraid to try again. 

I think I thought I was losing my "mojo" because I haven't been that excited about going to the gym. But the fact that I'm not getting things done at the gym like I usually do does NOT mean that I have not been kicking ass. 

I've been tracking calories - drinking a CRAP ton of water - and doing my workout DVD's which are actually making me feel better than a forty-minute session on the stairmill. 

I'm kind of glad that I let go of my fear of weight lifting. I always thought lifting would make me a stocky little meatball - but I've been hanging out with a pair of 8 lb weights lately and I've got to say... I feel strong and lean but not bulky!

Look - I'm even starting to develop a pair of guns.



CAN'T BAN THESE BAD BOYS!
I'm almost at the end of week 2 of the Last Chance Workouts. They are still kicking my ass - but I'm getting every bit of the workout done and feeling awesome when it's over. I'm kind of excited/nervous to see what week 3 brings. I know I've said this before, but that ish was a great way to spend $6.

And I've added another DVD to my regime. This one SUCKS in a good way.


This one was inspired but one of my new favorite bloggers Elle Noel. I bought this DVD a while ago and put it in my Fitness DVD binder thinking Maybe I'll get around to doing that. But to be honest, it SCARED me. For some reason, ab work terrifies me. One hour + of cardio? Bring it on! 10 mile bike ride on hill interval? Psh, done. Arm work? Leg work? I've got it. But ab work? Well that just seems... hard. But after reading Elle Noel's blog one night and hearing about how she does it 5 days a week, I got ballsy one night and thought just do it once and see how it goes. And even though it's TOUGH (and I secretly hate that bitch in the back left that does all the moves the hard way), I can feel it working. 

And what's better to add to my low cholesterol and normal BMI? 
(I know, I'm still bragging... it'll pass soon... maybe.) 
A 6 pack.

So I made a schedule so I could keep up with which Last Chance Workout I'm on each day - (because my days are definitely not the same as what they recommended... I'm notorious for "winging" it...) and added in AB DAY to one day of every week. And I've been following it... and on nights that I feel EXTRA insane, I throw it in on a non-scheduled day. Stay tuned. I'll let ya'll know how this goes.


Tomorrow is my first day of days off. But unlike every other time, I am not going back to NC. Nope, I'm staying in Wyoming. And it kind of bums me out but I really have no choice. Airfare is CRAZY expensive (thanks, Easter!) and since I don't have an extra $600 laying around... I'm just going to have to sit my happy ass here and hope for some decent running weather. This is what I have planned (in no particular order):

  • Run outside as much as possible
  • Find cool parks to complete the aforementioned runs in
  • Drive to Cheyenne to get my oil changed and pick up my new running clothes at Sierra Trading Post (THIS PLACE IS AWESOME, by the way... And they totally have a website with a bunch of CHEAP outdoor gear)
  • Hair appointment on Wednesday at 3 - this is LONG overdue. I was going to hold out until mid-April right before I head home buttttt.... roots are for trees and ENOUGH is ENOUGH
  • Keep up with my DVD workout regime
  • Watch TV
  • Video chat with my boyfriend, my best friend, and possibly my sister
  • Read raunchy humor books
  • Drink white wine
  • Cook delicious food
  • Paint my nails
  • Tweeze my eyebrows
So, as you can see... This week is PACKED for me. But I'm still planning to make plenty of TIME for Healthy Little Me.

HAPPY MONDAY, READERS! Make this week AWESOME!

3 comments:

  1. Look out Wyoming! HealthyLittleMe's packin' heat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do better on your list than I did on my vacation list!!!
    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete