Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Poop talk.

Oh hey, Tuesday.

So today started my first day "off" from work. And, to be honest, I've been bummed out all day thinking about how much I'd rather be running/kissing my boyfriend/snuggling with my dog in North Carolina right now. But I need to let it go and embrace the fact that I have seven whole days to do WHATEVER I want... Even if it is in a tiny town in Wyoming.

Tomorrow I'm planning to head to Cheyenne to run a few errands. And I did some research online and found some botanical gardens that are open to the public so I'm planning on getting a nice late-morning/early-afternoon run in and checking out the scenery. Stay tuned - I'll try to snap some pictures along the way.

And that brings me to today's run. It wasn't my favorite. It wasn't my least favorite. 

It just... happened.



The good news:
I cranked out 2.77 miles in 50ish degree weather. My running playlist was really doing it for me and my new Brooks were kicking ass. Even though I had to run against the wind for about .5 miles, I still had a good time for a Wyoming run (my runs are always slower out here - I blame it on the inclines, elevation, and wind.. but it could totally be a mental thing). And the best part - I passed an older man on the trail who was moseying around with a walking stick in his hand.. I had my headphones in and my music was BLASTING so I said a quick "hello" but didn't really stop to make conversation. But the second time I passed him, we were going in opposite directions so I could see his face and he mouthed something to me. I took one of my headphones out and asked, "What?" and he responded, "You sure are FAST!" Hell yeah. That old man made my day!

The bad news:
Do you remember the near-miss I had when I was home a while back? Yeah... it almost happened again today. 
*WARNING* Poop talk is about to commence.

It was the weirdest thing. I ate half of a "Think Thin" bar this morning and drank like MAYBE a half of a small cup of coffee before hand. And I even "took care of things" before I left for the run... At least I thought I did. But after the first 1.5 or maybe even 2.0 miles, a phenomenon occurred in my stomach that see Sam run politely refers to as "the running trots". I have another name for it, but we'll stop while we're ahead of ourselves. It started, just like it did last time, with a little crampiness. But I pushed through it. I get cramps often when I run and I'm usually able to work it out while I run. But, thankfully, as I looped back around after 2 miles and headed towards the Parks and Rec bathroom (which looks just like what I imagine bathrooms in prison do), my stomach raised its hand and asked for a time out. And I listened. I spent some major quality time in the parks/prison bathroom this afternoon, ya'll. And it wasn't the classiest thing I've ever done but OH WELL! After I was done, I thought about jumping back on the trail and getting a mile or two more in - but I had to listen to my stomach which was saying "PLEASE QUIT IT!" so I headed back to the house and ate a banana. 


Here's see Sam run trying to make me feel better about my incident.


You win some, you lose some. At least I didn't lose my stomach on the trail.

Anyway, Tuesday's not gone yet. And I'm going to spend the rest of it kicking off season five of Mad Men on Netflix with a little Cabernet Sauvignon. I guess vacation isn't so bad, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment