Thursday, March 14, 2013

Lost Mojo: Reward if Found

Ya'll, I have to keep it real.

This has not been my week.

Nothing bad has happened. No tragedies. No heartbreak or anger.

I've just lost my mojo.

It ran away.

Have you seen it? Tell it to come back to me.

Normally when I get back to Wyoming, I come with a fierce face and a major gym craving. This week? Nope. I came back with a big appetite and a bag of excuses.

My knee hurts.

I'm tired.

The gym is really far away.

And it's freaking me out. Because this is the first time in a WHILE that it's been missing.

Have I totally thrown in the towel? Nope. I've still been eating healthy. I've still been doing BL DVD's. I've still been thinking about the things I put in my mouth and God knows I've been drinking enough water to flood the United States. But I'm not that excited about health.

What's weird though is this: I'm excited about returning to my healthy, happy, positive mojo-y self. I know she's coming back for me. And I can't wait to see her.

I've been doing some things to try to boost my enthusiasm.

Today, I broke down and bought new running shoes. I've wanted them for a WHILE. But I didn't want to pay a buttload of money $110 for them. My Mizuno's in North Carolina are awesome. But my Saucony's out here are, well, worn the hell out. In my crazy mind, I justified buying these shoes so that I would be encouraged to run out here. And the weather's getting really pretty lately so that goal is quite realistic. Thanks, groundhog!

Have you ever lost your mojo? How did you get it back?

Here's some motivational photos to help us all feel inspired...




No comments:

Post a Comment