Thursday, March 21, 2013

My badass report card.

I had to head to the BIG FANCY city of Casper, Wyoming today for my annual employer sponsored health check. And ya'll - I don't think I've ever had that much fun with medical professionals.

My employer pays a yearly bonus of around $800 based on a health check given by a third party company. It's so simple. You get there, fill out a piece of paper, go through about 15 minutes of testing, and BOOM. Money. In. The. Bank.

So of course I went.

The ladies were SUPER nice and, once I told them about my 22 lb weight loss, they pepped me up the whole time. 

Great job!

Perfect!

You've worked hard - you earned this!

I felt like I was hanging out with my own personal fan club. It was awesome. Annnnd it kind of gave me a big head for the morning.

Anywho - I know you're DYING to hear the results so here goes:

**Disclaimer: I'm about to get ANNOYINGLY proud of myself. My head is going to get so huge that it jumps out of your computer screen and smiles at you. I don't normally brag this much about myself but TODAY is MY day.

Total cholesterol: 151 mg/dL
(Optimal: <200 mg/dL)

HDL cholesterol: 57 mg/dL
(Optimal: > or = 60 mg/dL)


TC/HDL ratio: 2.6
(Optimal: <3.5)

LDL cholesterol: N/A
(Optimal: <100 mg/dL)
PS - This is AWESOME. She told me that this is the bad cholesterol and that they gave me N/A because there wasn't enough in my body to even DETECT. Hollllllla!


Triglycerides: 45 mg/dL
(Optimal: <150 mg/dL)

Glucose (Blood Sugar): 117 mg/dL

(Optimal: <140 mg/dL non-fasting)

Blood pressure: 110/68 mm Hg(Optimal: <120/80 mm Hg)

Body Fat Percent: 19.6%

(This is technically underweight for women age 20 - 40.. My nurse told me to go eat a cheeseburger. TOTALLY didn't see that coming!)

BMI: 23.4 kg/m2 
(Optimal: 18.5 - 24.9 kg/m2)
LOOK WHO'S IN THE NORMAL HEALTHY RANGE - HOLLA FOR A DOLLA HONEY BOO BOO!


Waist circumference: 26.5"
(Optimal: < or = 35" for females)

Height: 5' 0" 
NO SHIT - I MADE HER CHECK TWICE. I guess I can stop telling people I'm 4' 11"..

Weight: 120 lbs
For the record, the scale totally said 122 lbs - but my lady was being extra nice to me.


I honestly do not have anything beyond my weight to compare this to from last year. But when I started my journey to being Healthy Little Me, I weighed in at 142 lbs. I can only imagine what my other numbers were.


So how did I celebrate? I did what any HEALTHY girl would do... I treated myself to $50 worth of fancy-ass groceries from the Natural Grocers in town. I racked up some sweet potatoes, green tea, pad thai, frozen burritos, sparkling water, cold tea, hot tea, superfruit smoothies, protein bars, Ezekial bread, and a little tea tree oil chapstick to sweeten the deal.

I am one HAPPY Healthy Little Me today. Cheers to you, Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Those are some great accomplishments, holy cow!

    After I lost weight and went to the doctor for the first time all of the nurses (like the ones who weren't my actual nurse) kept sneaking into my room to ask me how I lost my weight. Then the second time, my doctor was just really confused about why I was even there because all he could tell from the exam, apparently, was that I was really healthy! So congrats - I know the feeling and it is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Chelsea! You couldn't wipe the grin off of my face yesterday.

    Doctors can be super awesome people when they know you're taking care of yourself! I'm glad your experience has been the same... Congrats on all of your success, too! What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm always glad to make someone smile!

    ReplyDelete