Saturday, March 16, 2013

I am cray.

I feel like my mojo is coming back. But before I begin, let me burst out some honesty.

I ATE THREE CUPCAKES YESTERDAY.
They were small(ish).
They were funfetti.
They were delicious.
And I don't regret them.


But, Jesus Christ, don't let me have any more. 


Okay, now back to our regular scheduled programming.

I got my running shoes yesterday, too. They are pretty. And while I'm excited to meet them, I'm not totally sure that I'm in love with them. Getting a new pair of running shoes for me is like meeting a guy that has boyfriend potential. You think he's cute. You think he's nice. And you guys look good together. But you're not positive that you want to spend forever, or hell, even a few months together. That's where I'm at right now with these Brooks. 




The biggest thing that scares me is that they're a little snug. They're a wide. But they still feel kind of tight. If you have normal skinny feet, thank someone. Having wide feet is annoying when you want to buy running shoes. And make them small wide feet and all of a sudden - boom! You have to order everything online.

But the good news is this: I ordered them from Zappos. Annnd that means that I get free shipping on returns and a 365 money-back return policy.

So my plan is to take these puppies to the gym a few times next week and treadmill run in them (so I don't put wear on them) and see what I think. 

Annd speaking of running. I made a crazy decision yesterday.

I signed up for two races in NC for next time I go home.

One is a 10K, one is a 5K. And they are literally a day apart. I am batshit insane, folks.




As soon (and I mean AS SOON!) as I clicked "Reserve" for the second race, I started panicking. What the FREAK are you doing? That's a lot of running for two days.

But I can do it. I know I can. A half-marathon is a longer distance than both of those distances COMBINED in one event. I can knock out 9ish miles in 48 hours.

And the 10K is a lighthouse run in Oak Island, NC... And I'll banking on the fact that that race t-shirt is going to be AWESOME. And, let's face it. If it weren't for the race day t-shirts, I'd probably never run legit races. I'd save my 30 bucks and run my happy ass around a park for free. Again, it's an issue of proof. I like wearing my miles on my chest, for real.

And see Sam run is doing the 5K with me. And we haven't run a race since last summer. Annnd it's the "Race for the Planet" which I ran last year. And this one also entails a baller-status organic cotton t-shirt. Winning!

I will do this. 

I will do this. 

I will do this, damnit!

Oh and PS - that turkey chili/soup/crap that I made Thursday turned out DELISH. I'm eating a bowl right now.

1 comment:

  1. I just signed up for both races, too. You know it's a good thing you don't ask me to do illegal shit because I'd probably be in jail by now...

    ReplyDelete