Saturday, January 12, 2013

Back in Action!

My blog has been on the back burner lately, and for a decent reason. I unexpectedly got some extra days off and went home to hang with the boyfriend in NC. I wanted to update Healthy Little Me in NC but had to rush my computer off to the computer hospital to get the blah blah wiring blah blah part fixed. So I was left with just me, the boyfriend, and a pair of running shoes.

I'll be honest. Going home always puts a kink in the road for me. I lose my perfect routine - my 12 hour workday, 8 hour sleeping schedule, and 2 hour gym time. But it's a challenge I need to face. One day, I won't be working in the middle of nowhere with no distractions. One day, I'll have an office job with an 8 hour shift and less than perfect schedule. One day I'll go back to facing the distractions that got me to my fat point. And I need to learn how to deal with it.

Remembering the 5 pounds I gained last time I went home helped. So did my Polar FT7. So did finding an almost new pair of Mizuno running shoes under my bed that I had forgotten about. Because with no gym membership and sunny weather, I relied on running to get me through the week.


And I ran. A lot.

While I can't do a weekly weigh in until I get back to my gym and my scale (I'm working in a different state right now, but that's not important), I wanted to update you on my January goals. 

25 Miles of Running:
1.8 - 01/02
2.25 - 01/03
4.26 - 01/06
2.15 - 01/07

1.77 - 01/08
3.1 - 01/09 (This was also my fastest 5K, yet! 34 minutes! I felt so legit.)
4.05 - 01/10
Total Miles so Far - 19.38

100 Miles of Biking
6.31 - 01/02
10.6 - 01/03
Total Miles so Far - 16.91 


As you can see, I definitely worked on my running goal. But without the gym and the bike, my biking goal is in need of work! But it will happen...

On a side note, I decided during one of my runs that I'm definitely doing a 10k this year. I also decided later that, hell, I could do a half marathon, too. But I'm pretty sure that last run was just runner's high of the brain.

Next week's weigh in is going to be painful. I'm actually really nervous about it. While I made a great effort to make healthy decisions, I definitely consumed my fair share of red wine and a few brownies. Hopefully I'll make up for it.

It's all about accountability, I guess, for better or worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment