Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sneakerless

So right now I'm stuck in a different state working until this weekend. It's really not bad (the weather is MUCH warmer than it is in Wyoming) except for the fact that I came unprepared.

I brought almost everything I needed - my gym clothes, sports bras, headphones, even my Polar FT7 - but what was the one thing I totally forgot about? My running shoes. Or anything that remotely resembles a pair of sneakers, for that matter.

What do I have? A pair of Tom's. That's right - little canvas flats with no arch support or cushioning.

I'll just let you laugh for a second while you imagine me, at the small YMCA in town, biking and elipticalling (?) in a pair of flats. I got some funny looks for sure. But I didn't let it stop me.


I biked about 3 miles and did the elliptical for about 20 minutes. Nothing too fancy. But I did finish it off with a few plank/push ups/crunches circuits. 

This goes to show: the only bad workout is the one that didn't exist. I might not have gotten my usual sweat session in, but I did something. Sometimes you've just got to walk into a gym with small canvas flats and go with it.

I'll sure be glad when I get back to Wyoming, my running shoes, and my gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment