Saturday, January 19, 2013

Back in the Wild West!

I am BACK in action. And my return to Wyoming was a day full of amazingly good news.

1. I got a promotion at work.
2. The splinter, that has been in the bottom of my foot for two months, finally worked its way out! (Yeah, I know. The boyfriend tried to get it out when it first happened, but as soon as a needle got factored into the equation, this girl was DONE.)
3. I lost a pound being out of state. Which was really suprising because, minus the brief Tom's-gym situation, I got little or no gym time in for a week.

4. My favorite kind of yogurt was on sale at the grocery store. (It's the little things, right?)
5. My new ear buds came in the mail.

Yesterday was a beautiful day for Wyoming. It was sunny with minimal wind and 49 degrees outside. To my friends back home in North Carolina, this is a cold day. To the people of Wyoming, this was a pleasant spring afternoon. Everyone was in a wonderful mood! And I got inspired to run outside.. which turned out to be a not-so-great idea.

Have you ever run outside in the cold? It causes your lungs to be quite upset with you. I got about a mile and a half done and have been coughing ever since. Something about that cold air running down your wind pipe kind of makes your chest tickle. But it's not a funny tickle; it's a wierd unconfomfortable scratchy-type of tickle.

After the run, I went to the gym.

I've got to make up for some MAJOR lost time with respect to my biking goal. My goal this month is to bike 100 miles. And with no access to the gym or an exercise bike for the past two weeks, my goal has been quite ignored. But the month of January in young. And I'm going to so kick this goal's ass. So off to the gym I went, and I finished up a nice 12.76 mile hill-interval ride.

And now on to my new earbuds. I am super excited about these. I have gone through about 5 different pair of ear buds in the past 6 months. And I always have the same problem with every. single. pair.
  • They fall out of my ears when I get sweaty.
  • They fill up with sweat (gross, I know) after minutes of trying to push them back in and then don't work. I went for a run when I was home in NC, and the last mile I had to listen to Justin Bieber with HALF of a functioning ear bud. Do you know how awkward that feels?
  • Because they all lack any kind of clipping mechanism when I can attach them to my shirt, the chord obnoxiously jiggles about the entire time I'm working out.
Philips ActionFit SHQ1000/28 In-Ear Headphones Tuned for Sports
Photo courtesy of Amazon.com
But, alas, I now have a solution.  Enter Phillips ActionFit.

These babys are SWEAT PROOF. And they have an anti-bacterial agent that helps kill germs! And they sit in my ears perfectly. I wore these to the gym and my cold run yesterday and SO FAR, SO GOOD! Did I also mention they have a CLIP? So I can attach them to my shirt? Annnnd I bought them on Amazon.com for about $12. Yes, yes, yes.


Happy Saturday, readers. I'm going to sit back, watch some Dr. Phil, drink some black hazelnut coffee, and get ready for the day.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you shouldn't go losing your earbuds in airports like a hippie. You know the thieves stole mine so I had to buy a new pair. I considered these, but I figured I'd go with the exact same pair I had. Yeah, they fall out, too. Wah, wah, wah...

    ReplyDelete