Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting the day/year off right!

Well, time flies when you're having fun. And apparently, it's now 2013. 

I decided to start my day/year off with a healthy Spanish-inspired egg scramble for breakfast. I took some chopped red bell pepper, chopped avocado, one whole egg, and five egg whites and mixed it all together before scrambling it in a pan. After it was finished, I dropped 3 teaspoons of hot salsa and VOILÀ! 



One delicious way to kick off 2013! And for a whopping 303 calories (with black coffee).

  • 1 whole egg = 53 calories
  • 5 egg whites = 85 calories (about 17 calories each)
  • chopped red pepper = 30 calories
  • chopped avocado = 100 calories
  • hot chunky salsa = 30 calories (10 calories per spoonful)
  • black cinnamon hazelnut coffee = 5 calories
  • WATER = 0 calories
I read a few excerpts from Bob Harper's The Skinny Rules on Amazon.com the other night and one of the first rules is to drink a big glass of water as soon as you wake up everyday and before every  meal. This isn't something I'm used to, but after reading that, I'm now making a concious effort to consume more water at every meal. Have you had your daily dose of water today?

No gym for me today - today's my relaxation day. So it's super important I keep tabs on the food I'm eating since I'm not burning any extra calories. I did get my Polar FT7 and after reading through the manual, I think I know how to use it. I can't wait to break it out tomorrow at the gym and see how it does. I'll keep you guys posted.

Happy New Years, ya'll. May 2013 be our best year, yet!




No comments:

Post a Comment