Saturday, August 24, 2013

Arkansas Greatness and the Laziness That's Followed

I know, I know - it's Saturday and I'm not supposed to post because it's see Sam run's day buttttt I have a feeling she won't be making an appearance today so here I go!
 
Arkansas was BEAUTIFUL ya'll. And we loved every minute of it. We did a little fancy hoteling, a little sightseeing, and a lot of camping and backpacking. And it rocked.
 
Devil's Den State Park
 
 Oh yeah, and we drank a lot of whiskey too. Like, a whole lot.

Let's talk about this whole backpacking thing - WHAT A WORKOUT! This was our first time ever truly backpack camping and we were supposed to have 3 miles to get to our camp buttttttt that was before we made a two mile detour and had to turn around so seven it was!

 Here's a pic of us at the trailhead. I know we look all happy and shit but secretly I'm thinking how in the hell am I going to carry this heavy ass pack for 3 miles?
 
I know I don't often talk about what I do for a living but in general I'll say this: I'm a geologist. And I was literally have special sexy moments with all of these outcrops. Joking. No, not joking.
 
The hardest part? Dropping the boyfriend off at the airport when the trip was over. I turned into an emotional wreck. I know that this sounds so trivial to people in the military who are gone for a year at a time, but being away from home for two weeks straight, well, SUCKS. And as soon as he started packing his bag and checking in for his flight online, I just lost it.
 
And now this week has been dumb. Don't get me wrong - some good things have happened. I've had two really promising job interviews and work has been on the easy side. But I must have left the Healthy Inner Me in Arkansas because I have been SO lazy. I keep blaming my laziness and ridiculous eating habits (I just ate Milano cookies for breakfast) on the fact that I'm going to start my period soon but Aunt Flow hasn't shown up yet to end the streak. Jesus - I need to get it together.
 
And let's not even talk about the pink planner. I went running ONCE this week. For 0.85 miles. And I thought I was going to puke from stomach cramps. Yeah, this is great.
 
But this -ish stops HERE. The gym is open until 3 pm today and I have plans to head out for a run this evening when the sun goes down. I can't just fall off the ladder because I had a great vacation and God invented chocolate.
 
Happy Saturday! What kind of posts would you like to read about? I need some suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment