Monday, August 5, 2013

Mondays and Earning Your Sweat

Today I ventured out to the local college's wellness center. I've been slacking on my half training lately (I'm too tired to go in the morning and I'm sure as hell not running in 110 degrees) and decided that today's the day I'm going to get it together.

The gym here is pretty legit (minus the fact that they don't let you wear tank tops?!??? WTF?) and with my box turtle pace lately, I decided that a little dreadmill running will probably do me some good right now. It's basically the only way I can manually control my pace. So here's what I worked with:

  • 2 miles at normal pace (which is totally 12 minutes per mile, ugh!)
  • 1 mile speed work (I would walk for two minutes, and then crank up the speed for 1 minute, and then start over)
  • Jump squats with 10 lb weight (10)
  • Jump lunges with 10 lb weight (10)
  • High-low planks (30 seconds)
  • Plank (30 seconds)
  • Crunches (as many as I could do without puking)
  • Jump squats with 10 lb weight (10)
  • Jump lunges with 10 lb weight (10)
  • Stretch and get the FREAK out!

And afterwards, I rewarded myself with some chocolate almond milk, a little beef jerky, and a golden delicious apple.

I feel great today - which definitely says something because I've been in a S-L-U-M-P lately. But it's a new day and I'm ready to kick some ass!

HAPPY MONDAY. Get yo' sweat on.


No comments:

Post a Comment