Thursday, August 1, 2013

July, Schmuly.

Let's be real. Every post I've had in the past few months has started with some drawn out apology/excuse for my extended absence. And I'm kind of tired of it. Life is cray, ya'll. Shit happens. But I finally dug up the courage to return to my roots of Healthy Little Me and get back on my blogin' grind.

The truth is - this past month has taken a lot out of me. I've been handed a nasty deal of cards with regards to work lately and it's drained me more mentally than physically. And I couldn't find anything to post about. This blog is called Here Comes Healthy Little Me, not Here Comes Anxious, Stressed, Frustrated, Bitter Little Me. But I had a come-to-Jesus moment with myself a few days ago and have decided that I'm going to take these lemons and make the most delicious lemonade I've ever tasted with it. And I'm not going to let a little stress get me down or stand in my way of posting.

Anyway, life is going on - happy or not. 


I got sent back to Wyoming for a week. I seriously love that place in the summertime. We were waiting on work to start for the first few days in Casper so I took advantage of the free time and found a cool running trail that follows the Platte River. There are some decent white water rapids at this point in the river and it was fun watching the rafters/kayakers/boogie boarders (yes you heard that last one right) while I ran. 


Speaking of running, this whole I'm registered for a half-marathon thing is really effing with my head. I feel like I've been self-sabotaging myself ever since I committed and running feels like such a chore lately. I think the problem is that I've been only cranking out short distances (2 or 3 miles). The first couple of miles is always the hardest - and I'm not giving myself the distance to really break out and get beyond that mental point. But, I'm determined to turn this thing around. I've got three months before the race and I'm doing it, happy or not. I bought a daily-planner at Wal-Mart the other day and planned out my daily mileage goals for training. It's time to GET WITH IT and I'm ready to bring my A-game. 


Have you ever seen someone give a cat a bath? It's the weirdest most hilarious thing ever. That's really all I've got on that topic. Except for the fact that I probably have the cutest boyfriend in the world. 


Having friends is so important and special in life. And having friends that own boats is even more kickass. Last week when I was home, I got to venture out for a day of boating, drinking, and wading in the intercoastal waterway. Annnnd it was great.


Why yes, my dog does have her own lifejacket. She LOVES to swim and likes to follow everyone to the deep part far out and I don't really trust her physical agility sometimes (I mean she is somewhere between eight and ten years old) so here's my overbearing mother-type solution. Not to mention, look how stylish she is compared to the other dog. 


see Sam run is living in my house right now and it's magical. Although it's short-lived (I'm only home one week out of the month lately and she's only living with me until the end of August), we are having a blast. Friday night we went out for Thai food and then rocked cutoff tank tops while bar hopping. And flexing. She is soooo a part of my wolfpack (Hangover reference) except for the fact that she gets mad when I say YOLO. Oh well, #YOLO. 


Speaking of flexing - we (me, Sam, and boyfriend) decided to venture out on a little bike ride Sunday afternoon. We biked from our house downtown to the beach and back. Only 26 miles - no biggie! And once we got to the beach, we ate and slammed down two pitchers of PBR (sooo classy) before heading back to our house. Drunk exercise is still exercise, right?




Happy Thursday. I'll try to quit being such a shady blogger. 

#YOLO

No comments:

Post a Comment