Friday, August 9, 2013

Conversations with Myself

Inner dialogue at 6:00 this morning:

Alarm Clock: Waa! Waa! Waa! Waa! Waa!

Self: WHOA! What's that?!???

Healthy Inner Me: That's your alarm clock, dumbass.

Self: Why is that happening? Who set that alarm?

Healthy Inner Me: I did, last night. Remember? After those three Guinesses, we decided that you needed to run today...

Self: Oh yeah, that's cute. Turn that alarm off now. I'm going back to sleep.

Healthy Inner Me: You have a half-marathon to train for. Remember the pink planner?

Self: I'll take today off and run tomorrow.

Healthy Inner Me: You took the last two days off. Get the freak up.

Self: It's raining outside.

Healthy Inner Me: No it's not, just drizzling.

Self: I'm serious - I feel crappy and I'm not going.

Healthy Inner Me: see Sam run ran four miles the other day... You don't want to get behind in training, do you?

Healthy Inner Me punches Self in face. 

Self fights back and loses. 

Self gets out of bed and gets dressed.... begrudgingly


So this happened. Miraculously.
And yes, it was kind of misty outside but running in bad weather adds to the overall badass factor of the run.
#YOLO.

And the pink planner? Yeah, that's this thing.
I'm so old school - I should just trade in my iPhone for one of those rotary deals with the long kitchen chord.

Yes, I did write my favorite inspirational quote on the back. Thanks, Flo Rida!
I swear to God - I would get this tattooed on my body if I wasn't a sane lucid person.

I copied the Hal Higdon's beginner training schedule into this thing.
And writing down my mileage after a run feels good.
I added new songs to my running playlist this morning to help get myself psyched up.
Two observations here.
#1 Even though I think Miley Cyrus kind of sucks, I can't deny the catchiness of this song.
#2 I am slowly developing a slight addiction with Kid Cudi. But don't tell Flo Rida....

And here's some inspirational shit. Because, well, people like this kind of thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment