Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Pre-Valentine's Day Weigh-In

So I didn't go to the gym yesterday. I ran into a friend in town and decided to go eat lunch instead. I felt guilty about it - but sometimes a girl needs to take the day off, ya know?

I was proud of myself at lunch. I ordered a water and a turkey and swiss sandwich on whole wheat bread with sweet potato fries. And I literally was uncomfortably full after eating only half of my meal. I took the rest in a to go box and finished it last night for dinner. Talk about getting more bang for your buck!

(On a side note, my sandwich came with mayonnaise on it which I specifically did NOT want. Mayonnaise by itself grosses me out. I had a boyfriend in high school that would put mayonnaise on his pizza and fries at lunch. Gross. The thought of that makes me want to throw up. Anyway, I'm getting away from myself. I spent about 10 minutes casually carrying on a conversation while scraping every bit of mayo I could off of my bread. It was horrible, ya'll.)

Because work was super busy last night, I decided to wear my Polar to see how many calories I burned in 12 hours. 2700+ was my final count. Holy canoli! But, of course, I'm not going to add that to my February goal - it was just a little experiment...

Today I went to the gym and ran for 2 miles, and it killed me! I was kind of caught of guard. I know running on a treadmill isn't as easy for me as running outside, but I was literally panting. My heart rate got up to 190 bpm at one point! I was going to do 2.5 originally but decided to listen to my ticker and quit while I was ahead of myself. Then, I jumped on the stair mill (my best friend/enemy) and did 12 minutes on that while watching the news.

Today's gym visit was super low key. And I was cool with it. I still ended up burning 461 calories so the little bit of time I did spend paid off.

But today is Wednesday. And I know ya'll have been on the edge of your seats all week waiting for my weekly weigh in. I can't torture you anymore.

(Allison Sweeney voice) My current weight is:

123.6 lbs

I'm definitely digging that number. It looks like I've definitely broke through that 128-130 lb plateau and it's super motivating to me!

I'm so close to being in the 120 lb range. I haven't been in that range since before I met the boyfriend almost four years ago. 

What have I done different? I've started being religious about tracking calories... even my naughty Luna Bar binges.

My rule this week has been simple: if you are going to put it in your mouth - you have to log it on your MyFitnessPal app. Even if I go over calories, I still have to log everything. It definitely makes me think twice about being impulsive.

_______________________________________

And here's a update on my February goals:

10,000+ Calories Burned:
216 - 02/01
459 - 02/04
1086 - 02/05
303 - 02/06
627 - 02/08
623 - 02/09
543 - 02/10
557 - 02/11
461 - 02/13

Total burned: 4975 calories. I am HALFWAY there.

Only 10 alcoholic drinks this month (limit of 2 beers):
ZILCH so far.

_______________________________________

Did anyone catch the Biggest Loser this week? I am Team Dani 100%. And I've actually started to like Gina. And of course, I'm pulling for Jackson.

But that girl Alex has a major attitude problem and she's really starting to piss me off. How many people were denied the chance of a lifetime to change their lives on that show so that she could have their spot and ROLL HER EYES AT BOB HARPER?! Uh oh, now you've got me started. I hope she starts being more likeable or I'm going to pull against her for the rest of the season.

Well, I'd love to stay and chat but my Tar Heels are playing Duke tonight and it's kind of a big deal. Happy Hump Day! And, more importantly...

Happy Love Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment