Monday, February 18, 2013

Babies on a plane and Monday Morning

So, uhh, since when is it literally FREEZING in North Carolina? 

I just got here yesterday and I've been shivering ever since. I really want to go running - but damn it is cold. And to be honest, I'm waiting for later this afternoon with hopes that the temperature will rise above 30 degrees F. 

I know it sounds weird but 30 F in North Carolina is actually colder than 10 F in Wyoming. It's the moisture in the air. So anyways, I'm done bitching about the weather.

I think my flight from Denver yesterday was, hands down, the most annoying flight I have ever been on in my life. Let me set this up for you.

I get seated, I am in the LAST row of the plane. In the aisle. And when I get to my seat, there is no one else in my row. I watch the plane board. Everyone's going to seats in front of me. I'm thinking that I might get lucky. I'm thinking that I might get this row ALL to myself. There is a woman with two small babies in front of me and a young guy in the window beside them. I'm planning to ask him if he wants to sit in my row once the plane doors are closed. I know he'd rather not sit beside babies the whole way. Nothing against babies - but they are usually always are miserable on planes. Especially the ones that leave at 6 o'clock in the morning.

Right, and I mean RIGHT, before the plane doors close, in walks this tired and annoyed woman with her 15 month old and 9 year old. And yep you guessed it, she's heading for me. The 15 month old, I'm pretty sure, had an ear infection. And she screamed the entire 3 hours. I mean SCREAMED. And this made the other babies around me (there were about 6 in my two row radius) scream, too. Hell, I even wanted to scream. And let's go ahead and put the cherry on top, shall we? The 9 year old and her mother fought the entire time.

So needless to say, I finally had my first drink of the month. And if the mother would have let me, the 9 year old would have had a drink with me. Because I think that might have been the only way that kid would have shut up and stopped singing Wiggles songs over and over.

Ya'll it was horrible. And my $6 Heineken was warm, which normally would have pissed me off. But warm or not, it tasted like liquid gold.

Anyway - I'm enjoying some black coffee and the Today Show right now and waiting for the boyfriend to get out of class. Today is our 4 year anniversary so we've got a date planned tonight. I wanted to run this morning, but I think I'll have to settle for some BL Cardio Max in the dining room. 

And now, a little motivation for your Monday morning:




No comments:

Post a Comment