Monday, February 4, 2013

On new jams, Luna Bars, and my 6.0 mph dreadmill pace

I finally got some new jams to add to my running and cardio playlists. The winners are:
  • Scream and Shout (will.i.am & Britney, bitch.)
  • Don't stop the party (Pit Bull)
  • Good Feeling (Flo Rida)
  • Home (Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros)
  • Hall of Fame (The Script feat. will.i.am)
  • Midnight City (M83)
Isn't is weird how some new tunes can really get you going? I swear I put Scream and Shout on my running playlist four times so I could have more probability of hearing it on shuffle.

Today I got back in the gym! Woohoo!

And kiwis were 4/$1.00 at the grocery store yesterday. Double woohoo!

And speaking of the grocery store, they finally got a new shipment of the chocolate peppermint stick Luna Bars annnnd I bought the whole case. Those things are de.lish.ous. (I know I spelled delicious wrong, just go with it.)

Today I did 10 minutes on the stair mill. When I started, I was all optimistic and like "You can totally do 20 minutes on this thing!" And then I told the healthy-inner-me to shut up and stop being so pushy. And I'm glad I did - 'cause that thing KILLED me. But I'm going to work up to at least 15 minutes by next week.

Then I jumped on the dreadmill and ran out 1.25 miles at a 6.0 mph pace. I usually do 4.8, maaaaybe 5.0 mph pace. I felt unstoppable. And then I felt super crampy. So I slowed down to a fast walk, cranked up the incline, and finished out another 15 minutes to keep burning those calories.

And then I tried the new Jenny McCarthy workout from this month's Shape magazine. There is a special place in hell for the person who came up with "squat jacks". But Beyonce didn't get that booty sitting on the couch and neither will I. And so it is - I, Healthy Little Me, did one whole tortuous minute of those bad boys.

All in all, I burned 459 calories today in about an hour. I'm staring that February goal in the face!  

No comments:

Post a Comment