Thursday, February 28, 2013

see Sam run IS BACK! The Scale of Achievement.

Hey ya'll, me again! - remember see Sam run? Well she's back. And, to be quite honest, she's gone a little insane lately. That crazy biatch ordered Insanity. And if that weren't CRAZY enough, she's ACTUALLY DOING THE WORKOUTS! It makes me wanna barf just thinking about that crazy mess. (How many times can I say crazy in one paragraph... crazy!) But I am impressed. This is more proof of what a badass Sam really is. And I'm excited to keep up with her progress throughout the whole 60 day program.

I asked her to do another guest post, this time on Insanity. And, of course, she said yes! Now I know that I already posted this morning and I'm probably overwhelming you... But this post couldn't wait until tomorrow! And you'll be glad I unleashed it on you now.

_________________________________________________

I’ve come to a stark realization this week. 

I’m not “thin” nor am I “fat.” 

I am fit. 

And while I’ve weighed considerably less, I’ve never been in this good of shape before. I’ve recently started the fitness program Insanity (you know the one with the sweaty, ripped people gasping for breath in the infomercial? Yeah, that one). I’ll start off by saying yes, it is quite insane. I considered myself in mediocre/decent shape before beginning (I mean I run and go to the gym that counts, right?) but it was and is HARD. I’m at the end of the second week as I write this and I feel so much stronger than the previous week. It took me one full week to be able to complete the warm-up without a water break. I know that sounds pathetic, but let me paraphrase a fitness blogger’s review:

“The Insanity workout warm-up is so comprehensive it merits its own review; it consists of THREE continuous rounds of cardio exercises at increasing levels of speed and intensity: a jog in place, jumping jacks, Heisman’s (side-to-side jumps with a high knee), the 1-2-3 (Heisman’s with three quick steps), butt kicks, high knees and mummy kicks. The first round is at a relatively easy pace; here, you shoot for proper form. The second round takes things a little faster, while the third round requires maximum effort. By the end, you’ll be dripping with sweat, your heart rate will be in the cardio range, and all soreness from the previous day will be worked out enough so that you can put forth a solid effort during the workout.”


It’s not your ordinary warm-up, it’s a workout all its own. I was so proud of my achievement, it didn’t matter that the scale had barely moved. 


I feel fit. And I am getting stronger! 

At the beginning of every other week Insanity checks your progress by implementing a “Fit Test.” This is by design and it acts to motivate you with YOUR own progress. Brilliant! I measure my progress, not by the pounds lost, but by how my body is reacting to the program. Each day my endurance progresses and I’m able to achieve more and more. 

What fitness feats have you accomplished that acts as motivation to you?

I hope this brief guest post will help take your eyes off the scale for a bit and focus more on what your body can do! Get moving and conquer the day!

___________________________________________________




Thanks, Sam! 

I LOVE her guest posts. Would you like to guest post on Healthy Little Me? Shoot me an e-mail and let's talk about it. 

healthylittleme@gmail.com

Tomorrow I plan to do a final count of February's goals, a little weigh-in action, and then talk about my soon-to-be 25 year old face. Trust me, you don't want to miss this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment