Thursday, February 28, 2013

NSVs, The Baby Gap, and My Blog List

Ohhhh Thursday.

Just another day in cold Wyoming paradise! I ate my DELICIOUS rolled oats and strawberries and bananas this morning. And I added some Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Chips. They are 5 calories per chip, and they are pretty BIG chips, so I added a nice healthy 10 (50 cals total) and BOY was it yum! I would put a picture here of what it looked like, but I got too excited and ate it before I couldn't even break out the camera. 

The scale hasn't really been moving much at all lately. And I'm weirdly cool with that (even though I really want to kick some ass in this DietBet thing). I've had some NSV's (Non-Scale Victories) this past week that remind me that my body is changing for the GOOD and its really motivating me to keep working hard.

NSV #1:
I know this sounds so silly, but my first NSV came when I went to see my best friend last week in North Carolina. I walked into her house and she said, "Wow! You're shrinking!" I was smooth about receiving the compliment... "Oh yeah.. thanks.." But what I really wanted to do was jump on her couch and scream You notice this shit?! Hell yeah! Look how great my ass looks! But I didn't. She condones couch jumping. And I didn't want to be all full of myself. 

NSV #2:
This sounds even sillier. I am finally starting to develop a baby thigh gap. 
What's a thigh gap? It's a phenomenon that occurs when you're inner thighs are so toned and/or skinny that they don't smush together when your standing up straight. Now, let me clarify this for a hot minute: I am not trying to get the "anorexic-stick skinny" thigh gap. I want that "sexy runner legs" thigh gap. To be honest, my thighs are probably my biggest motivation for running. It's why I started running. I started looking around and all these hot runner chicks and noticing that none of them had tree trunk thighs like I did. Coincidence? Nope. Every time I check myself out in the mirror, I notice that my legs are getting more and more toned. And a tiny little baby gap is being born between my thighs. 

Me, at my heaviest weigh.
I was on vacation here with the boyfriend and his family. We were in Central America for almost 3 weeks and I literally gained around 5-8 lbs during the trip. I ate everything I could, drank often, and thought that walking from the pool to the bar was all the cardio I needed.
Me, yesterday.
Am I perhaps standing with my legs wide apart to try to make my thigh gap more pronounced?
Maybe.
I'll never tell.

So, uhh, high five to Healthy Little Me. Even though those numbers are at a stand still, some great change is happening in this body and I'm pretty excited about it.

I wanted to put together a list of the blogs that I follow. Because, hell, some of you might want in on the action too. Most, if not all, of these blogs are fitness/weight loss/running associated. And there's nothing I love more than sitting down with a black cup of coffee in the morning and reading through the Blog Roll each morning.


And now, let's finish up with a little motivation, shall we?





Now go out into the world and kick some ass today!

No comments:

Post a Comment