Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Put your money where your mouth is! My first DietBet.

So one of my favorite bloggers, ItSuxToBeFat, has introduced me to a new challenge in the weight loss world. It's called DietBet. She did one last month and won! I wanted to jump in then, but I let my fear of failing stop me. But this month is a new month. And I feel like I've been hitting a plateau recently with my weight loss. And let me tell you one thing nothing motivates Healthy Little Me like losing and/or winning money.

Here's how it works.


You join in on a bet by signing up and paying $25. With this money, you are betting everyone else involved (right now there are 31 people!) that you can lose 4% of your weight in a month. In this one's case, the bet runs from February 9th until March 8th. Forty-eight hours before the bet starts, you submit two photos to the judges with your initial weight. Once the bet is over, you submit final weigh-in photos to the judges again with your final weight. Once the judges have verified all information submitted, winners are announced and those who have lost 4% or more of their body weight split the pot!

How big is this pot? It was $275 last night when I joined. And now it's $725! (Correction: by the time I finished writing this post - it has grown to $775!)

I am so excited about this! I think that keeping in mind my potential for losing or winning money will definitely give me that extra push I'm in need of lately - not only in the gym but also in the kitchen!

So, with 4%+ weight loss, my goal is to end the month of February (or at least March 8th) with a weight of 122 lbs! And I am SO going to do this.


Want to join in and win some moolah for your new skinny self?

Join in now!

Today I did 10 minutes on the stair mill, ran at 6.0 mph pace for 15 minutes (I'm starting to resemble a legitimate runner in the gym!) and finished up with some jump rope, jump squats, and a good long stretch. I burned 521 calories today and the skinny-inner-me is trying to talk myself into doing some Biggest Loser Boot Camp later today.

Official February goals:

Burn 10,000+ calories
End the month with a final weight of 122 lbs and WIN THAT DIETBET!
Consume no more than 10 alcoholic drinks (limit of 2 beers)

This is MY MONTH! (But, of course, I'll share it with you!) And I am going to SEIZE every moment no matter what obstacles I may face.


Because of this recent DietBet thing, I've decided to move this weeks weigh in to Thursday so I don't have to weigh in twice. I'll let you see the pictures I send the judges, too... depending on if I'm having a good hair day or not.

How are you going to seize the month of February?

No comments:

Post a Comment