Thursday, October 3, 2013

Getting BUSY in North Carolina!

I know I came in strong on Monday. I told you guys I'M BACK! and here to stay. And then I didn't post for like 3 days. But ya'll - I have been so busy with this moving stuff so bare with me a little while longer.

My week has consisted of:
  • Selling my shit on Craigslist
  • Pawning my shit off to friends who might (read: probably don't) need it
  • Cuddling with my dog and trying not to let her notice me packing (she gets bummed out)
  • Shopping for cute new office clothes (great, even more shit for me to shove in my suitcase!)
  • Making arrangements for Houston
  • And drinking cold yummy beers at night to calm the freak down
This move is going to be GOOD. I just feel it. And plus, my horoscope said so... So it has to be true. But right now the logistics are giving my little control-freak inner self a mini-heart attack on an hourly basis (can I get an AMEN?)


In the meantime, I've been trying to stay kind of active. Yesterday the boyfriend and I ran a mile around the neighborhood and OOF! He is a fast little sucker. I spent the entire eleven minutes practically chasing him. And I ran headphone free - which is something I never do but I want to get used to. We've also been doing a lot of bike riding around town, which is super fun but is making me nostalgic. I'm excited about Houston but man it's going to be weird leaving this town! I've lived here for just over seven years and I have so many memories in this place. But onward and upward, as they say!


I told him "I'm putting this on the blog," before I snapped this one.

Oh  this thing? Yeah it's basically holding all of my worldly possessions right now. And it's way bigger than this picture suggests. I'm really crossing my fingers that this sucker ways less than 50 lbs but I highly doubt I'm going to squeak under. How do you manage to pack that kind of weight in JUST clothing? It's easier than it looks.

And oh yeah - even more good news for the flight - I got bumped up to first class AGAIN! This is twice in the last two weeks it has happened with me. (Flying every two weeks for a year and a half has finally paid off!) And in case you don't know about first class (I definitely didn't), let me let you in on an amazing little secret: they let you board the plane first so you can start drinking before take off. Holler! I could get used to this, Delta.


Happy Thursday! This time tomorrow, I'll officially be halfway to Houston. Yee haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment