Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Trendy Tuesday - The Birth of a New Theme

Yep, you read the title right. On behalf of my new job and normal lifestyle, I've decided to experiment with a new theme for Tuesdays - Trendy Tuesday. This change on HLM reflects my new attempt at being somewhat fashionable (I mean, I'm no Kardashian or anything but I'm trying here people!) And beeeecause I just know how much you guys are dying to know what I wear on a daily basis. No?

Day one - this look was trying to play it safe on my first day. I figured I'd experiment with color and my funky shoes once I figured out the vibe of the office. Annnnd I spilled coffee on the top tip of my shirt. Thank God for necklaces, huh?

Necklace from a friend; Shirt from Old Navy;
Pencil Skirt (with kick pleat!) from New York and Co.; Shoes are ollllld.
 
Day two: More colorful (the office vibe totally allows for it!). 

Mustard Boatneck Tee from Target; Blue Belt from a Thrift Store; Black and White Patterned Skirt
from The Limited; Shoes are Fergalicious (or Fergie's line whatever it's called)


Lately I haven't really been talking much about exercise. Ohh that's right, I haven't done any real exercise in a while! But that changed today. When I got home from work, I headed to the gym at my apartment complex and jumped on the dreadmill. Probably wasn't my favorite run ever (read: it sucked)... but I managed to crank out 1.5 miles at a moderate pace. (The dreadmills have TV screens that only get one channel - so I had to watch Andy Griffith and read the closed captioning the whole time... whoopee.)

And clean eating has been going well still, minus a small lunch mishap that might have included a cheeseburger (my co-workers took me out to lunch again... damnit!).
  • Breakfast: Rolled oats with strawberries and dark chocolate chips
  • Snacks: Kiwi, Carrots, Rasberries, Almonds, Chobani Greek Yogurt Flip
  • Lunch: Cheeseburger with grilled onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuce, pickle, and onion (#sorrynotsorry)
  • Dinner: Salad with cold quinoa - I eat weird shit sometimes, okay?
  • Drinks: Water, Coffee, Peach Tea, Chocolate Soy Milk
My diet and exercise suffered some major downfalls over the past month. I've just been so preoccupied with so many other events in my life, Healthy Little Me took a backseat. But one of the coolest things about being in a new place is the chance to reinvent yourself. And Healthy Little Me is not only now in the front seat, I'm letting her drive the car. And I'm feeling GREAT about it!

Happy Tuesday readers!






No comments:

Post a Comment