Monday, October 21, 2013

Textbooks and fishing - and working out, too!

So this is my life lately:



I have officially landed my dream job. I'm not kidding. The more I get to know the company and people I work for, the more assured I am that I'm right where I need to be. But good things don't come for free, people! And I've found myself enjoying a healthy dose of textbook/technical paper reading during the evenings lately...


I'm also back on the exercise wagon. And while my efforts are kind of pathetic compared to my fitness level a few months ago before the chaotic changes in my life, I'm proud that I'm getting up and dusting myself off. I almost forgot how good exercise makes me feel!

Speaking of exercise, my friend B came to Houston on a business trip last week so I got to have my first true visitor in H-Town. Now B's a badass and she's started running recently (I told you a few weeks ago about her first 5k) so she wanted to find a park in Houston to go running in. After a little Googling, we decided on Memorial Park. And it rocked! There were SO many runners along the path - it made me and my inner-runner self feel right at home.

Speaking of B - she ran ANOTHER 5k yesterday and KILLED it. I got quite an exciting voice mail from her yesterday morning - she CRUSHED her PR and now she's running a 10k in December. Uh? I'll have what she's having...

Also, last weekend I got invited to go offshore fishing with a girl from work on her boyfriend's boat. We left Galveston Friday night and headed out 80 miles to fish for the weekend. I've never been offshore but I LOVED it (thanks in part to the prescription motion sickness patch one of the fisherman gave me before we took off). All we could see were drilling platforms - which was a neat. And we caught MASSIVE amounts of fish.


Want a good arm work out? Pull one of these suckers in from 120 foot depths. Holy cow! I literally wanted to quit at the end. Total, I reeled in four snapper in a day's work (except a shark ate one off of my hook so I actually only got 3). I ate so much fish last week when I got back, I think I'm good on seafood for a few months.



Before we left Galveston to head back to Houston on Sunday, I snapped this picture of the boat. It was amazing! It had three bedrooms and two full baths inside. This isn't the best picture - but it's kind of hard to take a picture of a boat when you're on it in the deep blue sea.


Tomorrow's Trendy Tuesday. 

Annnnd we need to talk about the Biggest Loser. Who's watching this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment