Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Food preppin' like a mother!


When I was a little girl, I hated Sundays. And that's because, for the most part, I hated school and never wanted to go back. And there aren't many cases where grown up world beats kid world but this is one of them - Sundays are finally my favorite day of the week!

I slept in until 11 am this morning. It was just as amazing as it sounds. Since getting to Houston, I think the latest I've slept in is 9:15 am... And I'm always up around 6 am during the week.

Sundays are my kind of pace - I can sleep in, clean up my apartment as I watch TV, get some laundry started and kick the remainder of my food prep in the ass.

I started food prep yesterday while I was bored. I hooked my computer up in the kitchen, watched Desperate Housewives on Netflix, and chopped, bagged, boiled, etc. away! I felt so productive and I loved it.

Pre-bagged carrots, bell peppers, celery, and cucumbers for snacks at work.
Top: diced strawberries for my oatmeal.
Middle and bottom: tuna salad stuffed bell pepper for lunch for two days.
Fridge; post-food prep.
Curry coconut chicken (all of these creations made from recipes in the back of the book).
Tuna, Green Apple, and Spinach Salad prep.
With all my food prep done, I feel like this first week of the plan is going to go well. If I didn't have this stuff already pre-packed and ready to go, I would totally make excuses for cheating. But, let me say this again: if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

And good thing I have a plan because this week is going to be crazy busy for me. On Monday, I'm going to a professional talk/dinner after work with my co-workers. And on Tuesday, I'm going to meet a girl that I met on the Craiglist "strictly platonic" section for a drink at a fancy bar (I'm going to fake it with a club soda and lime). And then this weekend, I'm moving! My swanky corporate apartment lease is coming to an end (something about my new company not wanting to pay for my housing for the rest of eternity? psh.) and I'm moving into a house with some roommates who will more than likely think I am crazy and organized with my million tupperware containers of pre-made food. Whatevs.

New bedding stuff I bought today! I'm kind of excited to buy a fancy bed this week.
Time to hit up some more textbook reading... Hope your Sunday was as productive as mine was! Let's all kick this week right in the ass (and pray that our co-workers don't bring Halloween candy and screw us up.. amIright?)

No comments:

Post a Comment