Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My name is Healthy Little Me, and I'm Afraid of Commitment.

So I've been doing a lot of thinking about this whole Fast Metabolism Diet book and I think I'm going to commit. But instead of thinking about all of the good things that can come from this, all I can think about are the sacrifices I'm going to have to make. I really love the idea of re-firing my inner engine, gaining energy, and looking awesome for my boyfriends graduation in two months, but all I can think about is how hard it's going to be to stay in the black and white.

So tonight I did some homework.


It took me about an hour and a half to put together a specific list of what I'm going to eat and what time I'm going to eat it during my first week of the plan. And then it took me a while to put together the grocery list required to eat all of this. But I feel like I actually have a strategy and written plan and I'm optimistic about jumping in with my whole self.

What am I afraid of? Distractions, getting frustrated and giving up, and living a whole 28 days without booze or coffee. Let's not even talk about chocolate.


I just started a new job. I'm trying to bond with my new team. They like to take me out for dinner and drinks. And I don't want to be that snobby girl who's like no thanks, I packed my own food or sorry, no drinking for me tonight - I'm on a diet.

But then I think about how amazing I'll feel standing beside my boyfriend on his graduation day in a hot little dress feeling like a total babe. I've also got a formal company Christmas party coming up the first week of December, too. I could use the total babe look for that event as well.

So who cares if people think I'm weird and recluse? And who says I can't go out and have fun with people who are drinking without drinking? (Although I can't say for sure as I don't usually do that kind of thing.)

Fears aside - I know where I am right now physically and it's not where I want to be.

Although they are valid, the last few months has provided me with every excuse to ignore my fitness, my diet, and the Healthy Inner Me.

I'm traveling for work.
I'm stressed out with work.
I'm moving to a different state.
I just started a new job.

But I don't feel as good as I did earlier this year - I feel bloated in general. And I haven't jumped on the scale in a few months so I'm not really sure of the number range I'm falling into right now but I know it can't be good. I can tell by the ways my clothes are fitting and the way I feel after a 30 minute Biggest Loser DVD workout. And I'm not about to buy fat clothes or lose my newborn runner identity. It's time to get busy living, ya'll.

So whether or not it makes me "comfortable" or makes my life "convenient", I'm going to give this plan a go at it. Spending 28 days working on my will power, eating healthy food, and challenging myself to defy social pressures and work for something I want is not going to kill me. It's going to make me a total babe.

So I'm officially starting next Tuesday. (The plan works best for a Monday start, but I have a professional talk to go to Monday evening that includes a cocktail hour and dinner so I'm going to let myself live a little and set a realistic start date instead.)

Get ready for some annoying food tracking posts. Oh yeah, and Sunday Food Prep is about to get real. This chick Haylie Pomroy might have me cooking by a SPECIFIC recipe. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

But I know what I want and I know what I need to do to get it.

Remember - if you fail to plan, you plan to fail

And I'm planning to kick some major ass! 

Anyone wanna join in? Send me a message! (Link on the right of the blog page <--)

No comments:

Post a Comment